Friday, September 28, 2012

Farewell to Diapers

This past weekend Emma said farewell to diapers and decided to potty train. We have been blessed that our last two potty trainging experiences have been so easy, no thanks to Aaron and I.

When Dalton was 27 months he took off his diaper, got on the potty and never looked back. I think to date we have only had 3 accidents. He made us look like we had things down as parents, I was sure Emma would make us work for it.

This past Saturday Emma decided that she did not want to wear her diaper, but instead she wanted to sport the trendy thick panties.I thought she would wear them for a bit until the novelty wore off, but she had other plans. She kept her panties dry until nap time, and for her nap I put a diaper so she would not have an accident. I put her down in a diaper and walked out. When she woke up I went into her room to find that she took her diaper back off, put panties on and was dry. I thought this was totally crazy, after all she just turned two last month! I guess no one informed Emma of this because we have made it an entire week in panties.


She is so tiny that I actually had a hard time finding panties that fit. So blessed by this determined little girl, and thankful I only have one kiddo left in diapers.